Writer & Advocate
Articles, Podcasts, Books
I cover issues on the intersection of human rights, gender equality and our digital world. I also write about impact-driven entrepreneurship.
My writing has also been featured on Huffington Post, Impatient Optimists, Thrive Global, in the new book 2015 – till asylrättens försvar and in Swedish media.
See links to articles, podcasts and more below.
- Young People’s Mental Health Toll of War and Crises
- The World is Failing at Gender Equality: Here’s What We Can Do About It
- They’re Co-Creating the Global Movement for Young People’s Digital Rights
- How Europeans Created the World’s Deadliest Border
- 4 Ways to Strengthen Feminist Movements Online – Without Social Media
- Can you be a feminist and STILL use social media?
- Solidarity Can’t Wait: 4 Things You Can Do This Year
- Let’s Hold “Someone” to Account for the Murders of Women and Girls
- How The Right to Asylum is Being Dismantled in Europe and What You Can Do About It
- Men Need to Take Responsibility for the Epidemic of Men’s Violence
- Kim Smouter: Anti-Racism, Big Tech and Europe’s response to Israel-Palestine
- Spogmay Ahmed: Feminist Foreign Policy
- Dr. Taveeshi Gupta: Boys, Men, Fathers and Gender Equality
- Dr. Brenda Oulo: What does it mean to have agency?
- Heartbreak, Compassion and Determined Action
- Japnit Ahuja: Teaching Tech to Underprivileged Girls in India
- Jinsella: Believing Peace is Possible
- Dr. Areeg Abdalmagid Abass: An Urgent Perspective on Sudan
- Julia Wiklander: A message of self care and an update on Hey Changemaker
- Eva Lathrop: Safeguarding Abortion in the United States after Roe v. Wade
2015 - till asylrättens försvar
Sweden changed in 2015, and so did the lives of many refugees, asylum seekers, Swedish citizens and politicians. Sweden became a country where the human right to asylum needs to be defended. This anthology collects several different texts and voices – politicians, activists, researchers, refugees, and people across the political spectrum.
Julia contributes with a chapter in this book about human equality and rights in a crisis of racism and polarisation in Europe and Sweden.